UMaine Facilities Management weekly update Nov. 7
UMaine Facilities Management weekly update as follows:
- A reminder that seasonal weather returns this week. UMaine community members should plan accordingly for colder temperatures and icing conditions when commuting and walking on campus. Facilities Management teams will be salting and sanding roads and sidewalks as weather conditions dictate.
- Fogler Library north elevator will be out of service for approximately four months for a jack replacement. The south elevator remains in service.
- The front entrance of The Maples is being painted.
- Preparations are underway to install a new east substation transformer on campus.
- Construction continues on experimental blueberry beds at Wyman’s Wild Blueberry Research and Innovation Center.
- Demolition continues at the Aquaculture Research Center and Child Study Center sites.
- Construction continues on Holmes and Coburn halls.