UMaine Facilities Management weekly update Sept. 26
Initiatives on campus include:
- Softball field construction and upgrade, A UMS TRANSFORM project funded by the Harold Alfond Foundation.
- Construction and renovation work on Holmes and Coburn halls for the boutique hotel project, with an alert to the UMaine community to expect noise and vibration from hydraulic jack hammers on-site.
- Littlefield Garden gazebo roof work by Construction Engineering Technology senior capstone students.
- Removal of a hazardous tree near the ROTC entrance of Memorial Gym, weather permitting.
- Repair of Hauck Plaza retaining wall and west steps to Dunn Hall.
- Demolition of the Child Study Building and Aquaculture Research Center.