Archival UMaine Photo on Cover of College and Research Libraries News
An archival University of Maine photograph of cows grazing in front of Carnegie Hall Library in the early 1900s is on the cover of the July issue of College and Research Libraries News. Andrew Carnegie donated $50,000 to construct Carnegie Hall as the campus library in 1907, according to the Association of College & Research Libraries publication. In 1947 the library moved to what is now the Raymond H. Fogler Library. The image is part of Fogler Library’s DigitalCommons collections.