- This event has passed.
Outdoors for Everyone
August 10, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm| FREE
Join us this summer for a day of outdoor activities at the
Adaptive Outdoor Education Center in Carrabassett Valley!
The Maine Autism Institute for Education and Research (MAIER) is partnering with the Adaptive Outdoor Education Center (AOEC) for a day of fun especially for families that include a child, teen, or adult on the autism spectrum. We have planned lots of fun outdoor activities and will have staff and volunteers on hand to support and guide your family throughout the day.
- Accessible playground and treehouse with musical and dramatic play props
- Guided nature walk on safe wooded trails with a Maine Audubon expert
- Fishing with a Fish and Game expert
- Safe wooded trails to explore with a scavenger hunt and nature-based craft activities
- Outdoor games and activities
Bring your own lunch and picnic with other families at nearby Sugarloaf Mountain. We’ll supply the beverages and snacks! Shuttle-buses will be available to transport you to activity areas.
This event is FREE for families impacted by autism, but registration is required. Register online or contact Donna at MAIER: firstname.lastname@example.org / 207-581-2468.
To learn more about AOEC, visit their website