- This event has passed.
MAIER PD : Coordinating the Medical and Educational Aspects of ASD
March 7, 2016
Speakers: Maine General Hospital’s Edmund N. Ervin Pediatric Team
Session begins at 9am and ends by 3:30pm. Sign-in opens at 8:30am.
Jeff’s Catering, 15 Littlefield Road, Brewer, ME 04412, United States
Register online at our secure registration site.
Representatives of the Edmund Ervin Pediatric Center – MaineGeneral Medical Center Developmental Evaluation Clinic team will review the team approach to evaluation/early diagnosis of children with developmental needs and discuss the medical criteria for diagnosis of children with autistic disorders.
They will review physical, occupational, speech, psychology, social work and medical interventions related to:
- language, social interaction and cognitive development;
- safe mobility and development of functional movement patterns
- participation in self care and other activities of daily living;
- assisting with feeding difficulties and sensory processing disorders
- medication management and other interventions to address difficulties with sleep, nutrition, digestion/elimination and behavior.
Case studies will be used to review effective coordination of medical, educational and community services for children (birth through adolescence) and their families and to encourage networking and problem solving among participants.
For more information about MAIER Professional Development Series click here