Stevens Hall
James Stevens came to the University of Maine, then known as Maine State College, as professor of physics in 1891. Stevens established UMaine’s Department of Electrical Engineering in 1893, became the first dean of the College of Arts and Sciences in 1905, established a course in biblical history literature in 1920, and was instrumental in establishing a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa on campus. He was director of UMaine’s Summer School and editor of the University Catalog. He received an honorary doctorate degree from UMaine in 1922 and retired in 1932.


Visit →
Alfond Arena
•
Aubert Hall
•
Balentine Hall
•
Barrows Hall
•
Bennett Hall
•
Boardman Hall
•
Carnegie Hall
•
Chadbourne Hall
•
Clapp Greenhouses
•
Cloke Plaza
•
Coburn Hall
•
Colvin Hall
•
Crosby Labs
•
Crossland Hall
•
Cutler Health Center
•
Deering Hall
•
Dwight B. Demeritt University Forest
•
Edith Patch Hall
•
Estabrooke Hall
•
Fernald Hall
•
Fogler Library
•
Hannibal Hamlin Hall
•
Hart Hall
•
Hauck Auditorium
•
Hitchner Hall
•
Holmes Hall
•
Jenness Hall
•
Lengyel Hall
•
Libby Hall
•
Merrill Hall
•
Murray Hall
•
Neville Hall
•
Nutting Hall
•
Robert F. Buchanan ’44 Alumni House
•
Rogers Hall
•
Shibles Hall
•
Stevens Hall
•
Thomson Honors Center
•
Beryl Warner Williams Hall
•
Wingate Hall
•
Winslow Hall
•
Faces Behind the Places
Jump to …