Learn about the researchers and students in our group.
We are working on projects in western Maine/northern New Hampshire, Scotland, Greenland, Mongolia, New Zealand, South America, and Antarctica. Find out more.
University of Maine Cosmogenic Isotope Laboratory
Like us on Facebook!
Check out our instagram!
View photos from past and present research projects from all over the world. See more.
Read about past research projects, locations and people. Read More.
See data from our past projects here.
For K-12 Teachers
- March 2019: Meghan is featured in an article in National Geographic on women in Antarctic research! Check it out here.
- February 2019: PhD student Scott Braddock and Masters student Meghan Spoth board the RV Nathaniel B Palmer as part of the International Thwaites Glacier Collaboration. Follow their progress on twitter!
- February 2019: Brenda, Maraina, Tess, and Laura are back from Antarctica! Check out the Current Research page to find out more about their project and successful field season.
- January 2019: Dr. Aaron Putnam, PhD student Peter Strand, and Masters student Noel Potter arrive in New Zealand for another field season of glacial geomorphological mapping and cosmogenic dating! Head to the Current Research page to learn more.
- December 2018: Dr. Brenda Hall, Masters students Maraina Miles and Tess Walther, and undergraduate Laura Mattas head Antarctica to continue work in the Royal Society Range.
- September 2018: Congratulations to the newest PhD candidate, Peter Strand, for passing his written and oral comprehensive exams!
- August 2018: Our cosmo lab got a makeover this summer! Check out the pictures here.
- April 2018: Allie Balter, Jill Pelto, and Mariah Radue successfully defended their Masters theses. Congratulations Ladies!
- April 2018: Masters Student Allie Balter received the National Science Foundation’s Graduate Research Fellowship Program Award!