Canadian Parliamentary Internship Program

Work in Ottawa for five weeks–mid May to mid June–in the office of a Member of the Canadian Parliament, with persons whose interests are the same as yours. Live and socialize at the University of Ottawa with other American students who will be doing the same program, as well as students from Canada and other countries. Add an impressive international dimension to your resume, along with a certificate recognizing your work. Academic credit may be arranged.

Application deadline is 1 February; spaces fill up by January.

Cost $1800 which includes housing; meals and living expenses are additional.

Canadian Embassy Internships

Work at the Canadian Embassy in Washington, DC this summer, May – August for 4.5 days a week. Graduating Seniors may apply. Apply your studies in a professional environment where you can develop skills critical to your success in the marketplace. Your application will be matched according to your particular academic and/or area interest with the positions available. Current positions within Public Affairs: Academic Relations, Culture, Press/Media, and Information Services. There are frequently positions available in Trade, Environment, Energy and Congressional Relations.Fall (Sept-Dec) and Spring (Jan-May) internships are also available.

Application deadline is 29 January for summer. Student may arrange for academic credit.

Cost: room, board, living expenses.

Canadian Embassy

Government of Canada International Scholarships

Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT) is responsible for the Government of Canada’s participation in major International Scholarship Programs. DFAIT provides support to international scholars in Canada, which is often reciprocated by foreign governments which support Canadian scholars in their countries.

More Information

Fulbright Grants to Canada

Approximately 20 Fulbright Full Grants in all fields of study relevant to Canada or Canada-US relations will provide round-trip transportation, maintenance for one academic year, and health and accident insurance.

For more information contact UW Canada-US Fulbright Program Advisor, Robin Chang at