The Department, the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry and Agriculture, and UMaine to construct new teaching laboratories in Hitchner Hall
Molecular & Biomedical Sciences is currently in a fund raising drive to help in the construction of new teaching laboratories. Please go to https://umaine.edu/biomed/home/facilities/hitchner-hall-teaching-laboratory-upgrade/ for details.
It is with sadness that we note the passing of Margaret Radke on July 28, 2019. Margaret was predeceased by her husband Dr. Frederick Radke, a former chair of Biochemistry (1977). Margaret was a faithful supporter and donor to the department. In 1997, Margaret founded ‘The Professor Frederick H. Radke Award’ in memory of her husband. The award goes to outstanding 3rd and 4th year students in the department. Margaret lived in Orono and regularly attended both our annual departmental awards ceremony as well as the college ceremony. Her smile and enthusiasm for our undergraduates will be greatly missed. If you would like additional information, here is the link to her obituary in the Bangor Daily News.
- Bailey West: Biochemistry major to study in Ireland as Mitchell Peace Scholar
- Faculty honored for support, advocacy and mentorship of students
- Grace Smith, Alan Baez awarded Barry Goldwater Scholarships
- College names 2019 Outstanding Graduate Students
- College names 2019 Outstanding Undergraduate Students
- News Center Maine profiles student on mission to research deafness, help others
Click here for more Molecular & Biomedical Sciences news!