The Department, the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry and Agriculture, and UMaine to construct new teaching laboratories in Hitchner Hall
Molecular & Biomedical Sciences is currently in a fund raising drive to help in the construction of new teaching laboratories. Please go to https://umaine.edu/biomed/home/facilities/hitchner-hall-teaching-laboratory-upgrade/ for details.
It is with sadness that we note the passing of Margaret Radke on July 28, 2019. Margaret was predeceased by her husband Dr. Frederick Radke, a former chair of Biochemistry (1977). Margaret was a faithful supporter and donor to the department. In 1997, Margaret founded ‘The Professor Frederick H. Radke Award’ in memory of her husband. The award goes to outstanding 3rd and 4th year students in the department. Margaret lived in Orono and regularly attended both our annual departmental awards ceremony as well as the college ceremony. Her smile and enthusiasm for our undergraduates will be greatly missed. If you would like additional information, here is the link to her obituary in the Bangor Daily News.
- Mainebiz posts release about Neuright being awarded grant
- WABI, WVII interview UMaine professors, students about vetting information for Bangor Public Health
- ‘The Maine Question’ podcast looks at why viruses go viral
- BDN speaks with Maginnis about how to teach kids about COVID-19
- Graduate School announces 2020–21 Waldron, Hunter, Chase awardees
- Media share Khalil’s invention to improve breast cancer detection