Contact: Joe Carr at (207) 581-3571
ORONO — Page Farm and Home Museum at the University of Maine will participate in the Sunday July 22 Maine Open Farm Day. More than 80 farms and farm museums around Maine will participate, hosting a variety of events aimed at celebrating Maine’s agriculture industry and its agriculture heritage.
The UMaine museum will be open from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. on Sunday, with a picnic lunch at noon. Other scheduled events include:
- a blacksmith operating an historic forge
- a spinning demonstration and herbal crafts
- ice cream and butter-making demonstrations
- field games throughout the day
- opportunities to see the museum’s heirloom breed of Nankin Bantams
- tours of the heirloom vegetable garden and the herb garden
The lunch will feature homemade baked beans, biscuits, coleslaw, salads, watermelon, lemonade and iced tea. Guests are asked to bring a dish to share and a blanket to sit on. The event will go on, rain or shine.