Election Day is November 3, 2020
Tuesday, November 3rd is the General Election!
How to Register to Vote:
- Students can fill out a green voter registration card in their Residence Halls or at the Center for Student Involvement, Rm 145 of the Memorial Union
- Please provide a copy of a document to prove residency in Orono (lease, mail, utility bill, Mainestreet, etc.)
- In honor of Constitution Day on September 17 and National Voter Registration Day on September 22, we will be hosting a campus-wide voter registration drive. Visit the Memorial Union or Residence Halls to get registered.
- FOR FACULTY AND STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS:
- You can request a visit from a UVote Ambassador to help your group register to vote
- Please request a visit here
- The Town of Orono highly encourages requesting an absentee ballot
- Absentee Ballots can be requested until 5pm on October 29th, 2020
- Ballots can be mailed or put in the absentee dropbox outside of the Orono Town Office (59 Main Street, Orono, ME 04473)
- DO NOT turn your absentee ballot into your Residence Hall or the Center for Student Involvement
- ORONO VOTING : UMaine Field House – 7am – 8pm
- OLD TOWN VOTING : Elks Lodge 37 Fourth Street, Old Town, ME – 7am-8pm
- You are able to register to vote on Election Day at the polls. You will need a photo ID and a piece of mail with your local address on it. For students, you may use your MaineCard and your student bill from MaineStreet
- If you live outside of Orono or Old Town, you can find your polling location on the following website.
Candidates visiting campus:
- The University of Maine offers open and equal access to campus and facilities for issues and candidates. Some spaces, venues and services must be reserved in advance and require rental fees. For more information, contact Lauri Sidelko at email@example.com.
Please remember: No candidate or issue-related materials can be posted inside the New Balance Field House or within 250 feet of any entrance. Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information on voting in Maine, go to https://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/voter-info/voterguide.html
Stay informed about candidates and issues with the resources provided by Fogler Library
For further information about UMaine UVote, contact Jenny Desmond in the Memorial Union, Room 145 or at 207-581-1406
Stay up to date on current voter engagement efforts on campus by following us on social media:
Facebook: UMaine UVote