Municipal Election is March 9, 2021
Tuesday, March 9th is the Annual Municipal Election!
How to Register to Vote:
- Visit the town of Orono to register to vote (59 Main St)
- Please provide a copy of a document to prove residency in Orono (lease, mail, utility bill, Mainestreet, etc.)
- The Town of Orono highly encourages requesting an absentee ballot
- Absentee Ballots are available beginning February 8th
- Absentee Ballots must be returned to the municipal clerk at the Town Office no later than 8:00pm on Election (March 9th)
- DO NOT turn your absentee ballot into your Residence Hall or the Center for Student Involvement
Orono Early Voting Days:
- Thursday, February 25th 8:00am-5:00pm: Orono Town Office
- Thursday, March 4th 8:00am-5:00pm: Orono Town Office
Election day, March 9th:
- ORONO VOTING : Orono Town Office 59 Main St. – 7am – 8pm
- OLD TOWN VOTING : Elks Lodge 37 Fourth Street, Old Town, ME – 7am-8pm
- You are able to register to vote on Election Day at the polls. You will need a photo ID and a piece of mail with your local address on it. For students, you may use your MaineCard and your student bill from MaineStreet
- If you live outside of Orono or Old Town, you can find your polling location on the following website.
Candidates visiting campus:
- The University of Maine offers open and equal access to campus and facilities for issues and candidates. Some spaces, venues and services must be reserved in advance and require rental fees. For more information, contact Lauri Sidelko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember: No candidate or issue-related materials can be posted inside the New Balance Field House or within 250 feet of any entrance. Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information on voting in Maine, go to https://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/voter-info/voterguide.html
Stay informed about candidates and issues with the resources provided by Fogler Library
For further information about UMaine UVote, contact Jenny Desmond in the Memorial Union, Room 145 or at 207-581-1406
Stay up to date on current voter engagement efforts on campus by following us on social media:
Facebook: UMaine UVote