Referendum Election is November 2, 2021
Tuesday, November 2nd is the Referendum Election!
How to Register to Vote:
- Visit the Center for Student Involvement (Memorial Union, RM 145) between 8am-4:30pm
- Visit the Town of Orono (59 Main St)
- Please provide a copy of a document to prove residency in Orono (lease, mail, utility bill, Mainestreet, etc.)
- Constitution Day: Friday, September 17th
- National Voter Registration Day: September 28th
**Visit our tables on these days to register to vote, earn fun giveaways, and learn about ways to become civically engaged**
- The Town of Orono highly encourages requesting an absentee ballot
- Absentee Ballot requests must be received by the close of business on Thursday, October 28th.
- Absentee Ballots must be received by the municipal clerk at the no later than 8:00pm on Election Day (November 2nd)
- DO NOT turn your absentee ballot into your Residence Hall or the Center for Student Involvement
Orono Early Voting Days:
- Dates will be available soon
Election day, November 2nd:
- ORONO VOTING (only on campus students or students who live in Orono) : UMaine Field House: 7am – 8pm
- OLD TOWN VOTING : Elks Lodge 37 Fourth Street, Old Town, ME – 7am-8pm
- You are able to register to vote on Election Day at the polls. You will need a photo ID and a piece of mail with your local address on it. For students, you may use your MaineCard and your student bill from MaineStreet
- If you live outside of Orono or Old Town, you can find your polling location on the following website.
Candidates visiting campus:
- The University of Maine offers open and equal access to campus and facilities for issues and candidates. Some spaces, venues and services must be reserved in advance and require rental fees. For more information, contact Lauri Sidelko at email@example.com.
Please remember: No candidate or issue-related materials can be posted inside the New Balance Field House or within 250 feet of any entrance. Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information on voting in Maine, go to https://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/voter-info/voterguide.html
Stay informed about candidates and issues with the resources provided by Fogler Library
For further information about UMaine UVote, contact Jenny Desmond in the Memorial Union, Room 145 or at 207-581-1406
Stay up to date on current voter engagement efforts on campus by following us on social media:
Facebook: UMaine UVote