High School Students

The University of Maine does hire high school students occasionally.  Departments must ensure they are adhering to Child Labor Laws when employing high school students.

High School students should indicate the name of their high school on the Student Employment Work Authorization when they complete the form with their hiring department.  In addition, if a high school student has not worked for the University of Maine in the past 12 months, they will be required to complete I-9 and tax paperwork through the Office of Student Employment.

Any student under 15 must supply a worker’s permit when completing their tax documents in our office.