Department of Sociology
- Understanding social reality and society.
- Research and statistical skills for evaluating and gathering evidence about social life and social relations.
- Knowledge about basic concepts such as culture, socialization, stratification, institutions, self deviance, and so forth.
- Knowledge about how the self develops sociologically rather than psychologically.
- Understanding how institutions like the family, education, and the economy are interrelated.
- Understanding the significance of variations by race, social class, gender, and age.
- Ability to think critically about social events and to present opposing viewpoints and alternative hypotheses on various social issues.
Ver. February 28, 2013