Declaring a Sociology Major-Minor

To declare a Sociology major or minor, you will need to complete the College/Major/Minor/Concentration form which can also be found on the UMaine Student Records website and the UMaine Portal page.

After completing the form, bring it to the Sociology Department office for the chair’s signature (if needed) and from our office we will send it along to the correct office(s) for completion. We have paper copies in the Sociology Department office if you would prefer to complete the form in that way. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the Sociology Department office at 207.581.2380 or