Bachelor of University Studies Advisory Committee
Function: The function of the committee is advisory to the Director of Bachelor of University Studies. The Committee will review all Programs of Study and Capstone proposals, approve the credentials and qualifications of faculty who will teach UST courses, approve policy recommendations, and advise on matters relating to the Bachelor of University Studies degree.
Membership: The Bachelor of University Studies Advisory Committee consists of faculty representatives from each college of the University of Maine and an appropriate member (ex officio) of the Admissions Office. “Faculty”, for the purposes of the Bachelor of University Studies Advisory Committee may be defined as either tenured, tenure track, or continuing appointment faculty. Faculty members may vote on decisions falling into the function of the Committee. The Director of the BUS shall appoint Committee members. Faculty members usually are appointed for 3-year terms, with the option of reappointment, upon request.
- Barbara Howard, Director, Bachelor of University Studies (ex officio), Division of Lifelong Learning
- Sharon Oliver, Director of Transfer Admissions (ex officio), Undergraduate Admissions
- William Ellis, Associate Director, School of Marine Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Forestry and Agriculture
- Christopher Mares, Lecturer, English as a Second Language, Honors College
- Philip Dunn, Professor of Construction Engineering Technology, College of Engineering
- Richard Powell, Professor/Director of the Cohen Institute for Leadership & Public Service, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Reports to: Associate Provost for the Division of Lifelong Learning.