Bachelor of University Studies Advisory Committee
Function: The function of the committee is advisory to the Director of Bachelor of University Studies. The Committee will review all Programs of Study and Capstone proposals, approve the credentials and qualifications of faculty who will teach UST courses, approve policy recommendations, and advise on matters relating to the Bachelor of University Studies degree.
Membership: The Bachelor of University Studies Advisory Committee consists of faculty representatives from each college of the University of Maine and an appropriate member (ex officio) of the Admissions Office. “Faculty”, for the purposes of the Bachelor of University Studies Advisory Committee may be defined as either tenured, tenure track, or continuing appointment faculty. Faculty members may vote on decisions falling into the function of the Committee. The Director of the BUS shall appoint Committee members. Faculty members usually are appointed for 3-year terms, with the option of reappointment, upon request.
- Barbara Howard, Director, Bachelor of University Studies (ex officio)
- Sharon Oliver, Director of Transfer Admissions (ex officio)
- Barbara Howard, Director Bachelor of University Studies
- Robert Lehnhard, Professor, COEHD
- William Ellis, Associate Director, School of Marine Sciences
- Mimi Killinger, Rezendes Preceptor for the Arts
- Christopher Mares, Director, Intensive English Institute
- Philip Dunn, Professor of Construction Engineering Technology
Reports to: Associate Provost for the Division of Lifelong Learning.