Our Core Values
- Commitment to Diversity, Multicultural Competence and Equity: To prepare students to live responsibly in an increasingly global world.
- Education and Advocacy: To raise awareness of LGBTQ issues across campus through education and advocacy.
- Inclusivity and Broad Access: Create opportunities for all students to feel safe and welcomed and become active participants in the community.
- Student Development and Leadership: To provide all student the tools and opportunities to become involved and achieve their goals for success.
- Community Outreach: To meet the needs of the community through collaboration and innovation.
A note about COVID-19 and the Rainbow Resource Center:
The effects of the current COVID-19 pandemic are being felt by all in the University of Maine community. While much of what we do and how we do it has changed, please know that the staff of the Rainbow Resource Center is still here working and available to any who may need us. Keep an eye on this page and our social media (@UMaineRRC on both Facebook and Instagram) for updates regarding our programs and events, and feel free to reach out to us anytime by e-mail at email@example.com if there is anything we can do to help, even from a distance. Rob will also hold open virtual office hours each Wednesday via Zoom. Please click the Zoom link and join him during any of the indicated times if you have a question, need help, or just want to say hi and chat with a friendly face. Be safe, be well, and we can’t wait to be back on campus with you all soon!
-Rob Jackson, Staff Associate for Diversity and Inclusion
Summer Virtual Office Hours:
Zoom Link: https://maine.zoom.us/j/4817681366
Wednesday: 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
The Rainbow Resource Center (RRC) empowers and increases the visibility of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) people by promoting equality and inclusiveness at the University of Maine. The RRC strives to maintain an open, safe, and supportive environment for all students, staff, faculty, and alumni and provides educational opportunities, information, and advocacy services.
We are committed to building an inclusive campus community that does not merely tolerate, but respects and honors all individuals at the University of Maine. We envision a community where all live in equality.