With the unique challenges that come with learning during the COVID-19 pandemic, the RRC has added virtual office hours for folks who would like to connect with us, need assistance, or just want to chat with a friendly face. Find Rob on Zoom (https://maine.zoom.us/j/4817681366) during the following times:
Wednesdays from 10:30 AM-12:30 PM and Thursdays from 1:00-3:00 PM
The Rainbow Resource Center (RRC) empowers and increases the visibility of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) people by promoting equality and inclusiveness at the University of Maine. The RRC strives to maintain an open, safe, and supportive environment for all students, staff, faculty and alumni and provide educational opportunities, information, and advocacy services.
We are committed to build an inclusive campus community that does not merely tolerate, but respects and honors all individuals at the University of Maine. We envision a community where all live in equality.
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Multicultural Competence: To prepare students to live responsibility in an increasingly global civilization.
- Education and Advocacy: To raise awareness of LGBTQ issues across campus through education and advocacy.
- Inclusivity and Broad Access: To create opportunities for all students to feel safe and welcomed and become active participants in the community.
- Student Development and Leadership: To provide all students the tools and opportunities to become involved and achieve their goals for success.
- Community Outreach: To meet the needs of the community through collaboration and innovation.