Welcome to LGBTQ Services and the Rainbow Resource Center!
LGBTQ Services empowers and increases the visibility of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) people by promoting equality and inclusiveness at the University of Maine. LGBTQ Services strives to maintain an open, safe, and supportive environment for all students, staff, faculty, and alumni and provides educational opportunities, information, and advocacy services.
We are committed to building an inclusive campus community that does not merely tolerate, but respects and honors all individuals at the University of Maine. We envision a community where all live in equality.
Our Core Values
- Commitment to Diversity, Multicultural Competence and Equity: To prepare students to live responsibly in an increasingly global world.
- Education and Advocacy: To raise awareness of LGBTQ issues across campus through education and advocacy
- Inclusivity and Broad Access: Create opportunities for all students to feel safe and welcomed and become active participants in the community
- Student Development and Leadership: To provide all student the tools and opportunities to become involved and achieve their goals for success
- Community Outreach: To meet the needs of the community through collaboration and innovation.