The Speech-Language Clinic provides speech and/or language diagnostic and therapeutic services to clients across the lifespan: preschoolers with speech/language delays, adults with speech/language or cognitive needs, international students seeking assistance with English pronunciation.
Services are provided by faculty as well as by graduate students under faculty supervision.
The Diagnostic Clinic, offers comprehensive speech and language diagnostic evaluations. Under the supervision of Judith Stickles, MA CCC-SLP, graduate students work in small teams to plan, conduct and analyze the evaluations. Additionally, students may have opportunities to conduct speech-language screenings at off-campus sites such as schools, group homes and preschool centers.
While participating in this clinic, graduate students gain experience in:
- planning speech-language evaluations
- collecting and synthesizing background and referral information
- conducting interviews and observations with clients and their families
- administering a variety of formal and informal measures
- analyzing the information collected
- writing evaluation reports, including recommendations and remediation goals as appropriate
- sharing evaluation results with clients and their families
For more information or to schedule an appointment:
5724 Dunn Hall, Room 336
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469-5724