Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
- Professor. Fluid mechanics, rheology, numerical methods, coating processes.
- Professor of Practice. Long distance medicine, rural medicine, remote search and rescue, UAVs and sensor use in assessing and finding lost and missing persons, telemedicine in search and rescue, cold injury frostbite and hypothermia.
- Associate Professor. Polymer processing, non-Newtonian fluid dynamics, rheology, transport phenomena, applied numerical methods.
- Professor. Inorganic membrane synthesis and characterization, application of chemical vapor deposition and atomic layer deposition to membrane synthesis, filtration for microdevices, and selective adsorption materials synthesis and characterization.
- J. Larcom Ober Professor of Chemical Engineering. Fundamental chemical engineering aspects of wood pulping, pulp bleaching, and recovery of waste pulping chemicals. “Integrated Forest Products BioRefinery” which produces bio-energy and biomaterials besides pulp, paper and wood products.
- Caitlin Howell
Ph.D. Physical Chemistry (University of Heidelberg, Germany, 2011)
- Assistant Professor. Biological interfaces, bacterial biofilm growth and control, surface-mediated tissue engineering, dynamic materials design.
- Associate Professor. Process information systems, heat transfer.
- Associate Professor.
- Associate Professor. Photophysics of nanoparticles and molecular nanoprobes, single molecule imaging, time-resolved single photon spectroscopic imaging techniques.
- Associate Professor. Microbial biosensors, physiological genomics of the zebrafish, fluorescence technology.
- Professor. Determination of the orientation and conformation of interfacial species, surface spectroscopies/microscopies.
- Professor and Department Chair. Sensor development, colloid systems, particulate and multiphase processes, pulp and paper manufacture.
- Assistant Professor. Heterogeneous catalysis, reaction kinetics, in situ spectroscopy, biomass conversion to fuels and chemicals.
- Assistant Professor. Extracellular matrix remodeling, cellular metabolism, non-linear microscopy techniques: second harmonic generation (SHG) imaging microscopy, multiphoton microscopy, STEM education.
- Associate Professor. Biomass processing, biorefining, renewable energy, fuels and chemicals, process engineering.
- Lecturer. Biomedical engineering, transport phenomena.
- Professor. Biofuels, catalysis.
- Professor Emeritus. Oxygen delignification, refining, pulping, pulp bleaching.
- Professor Emeritus. Fundamentals of adsorption and adsorption processes.
- Barbara J. W. Cole
Ph.D. (Washington, 1986)
- Professor of Chemistry.
- Douglas J. Gardner
Ph.D. (Mississippi State, 1985)
- Associate Professor of Wood Science and Technology.
- Assistant Professor of Food Processing.
- Stephen M. Shaler
Ph.D. (Penn State, 1986)
- Professor of Wood Science and Technology and Forest Engineering.
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Ian D. Dickey
- Eastern Maine Medical Center
- Verso Paper Corporation
- Tethys Research
- Nick Triantafillopollous
Ph.D. (IPST, 1988)
- Omnova Corp.