Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
- Professor. Fluid mechanics, rheology, numerical methods, coating processes.
- Caitlin Howell
Ph.D. Physical Chemistry (University of Heidelberg, Germany, 2011)
- Assistant Professor. Biological interfaces, bacterial biofilm growth and control, surface-mediated tissue engineering, dynamic materials design.
- Associate Professor. Polymer processing, non-Newtonian fluid dynamics, rheology, transport phenomena, applied numerical methods.
- Professor. Inorganic membrane synthesis and characterization, application of chemical vapor deposition and atomic layer deposition to membrane synthesis, filtration for microdevices, and selective adsorption materials synthesis and characterization.
- J. Larcom Ober Professor of Chemical Engineering. Fundamental chemical engineering aspects of wood pulping, pulp bleaching, and recovery of waste pulping chemicals. “Integrated Forest Products BioRefinery” which produces bio-energy and biomaterials besides pulp, paper and wood products.
- Associate Professor. Process information systems, heat transfer.
- Associate Professor. Photophysics of nanoparticles and molecular nanoprobes, single molecule imaging, time-resolved single photon spectroscopic imaging techniques.
- Associate Professor. Microbial biosensors, physiological genomics of the zebrafish, fluorescence technology.
- Professor. Determination of the orientation and conformation of interfacial species, surface spectroscopies/microscopies.
- Professor and Department Chair. Sensor development, colloid systems, particulate and multiphase processes, pulp and paper manufacture.
- Assistant Professor. Heterogeneous catalysis, reaction kinetics, in situ spectroscopy, biomass conversion to fuels and chemicals.
- Assistant Professor. Extracellular matrix remodeling, cellular metabolism, non-linear microscopy techniques: second harmonic generation (SHG) imaging microscopy, multiphoton microscopy, STEM education.
- Associate Professor. Biomass processing, biorefining, renewable energy, fuels and chemicals, process engineering.
- Professor. Biofuels, catalysis.
- Professor Emeritus. Oxygen delignification, refining, pulping, pulp bleaching.
- Professor Emeritus. Fundamentals of adsorption and adsorption processes.
- Barbara J. W. Cole
Ph.D. (Washington, 1986)
- Professor of Chemistry.
- Douglas J. Gardner
Ph.D. (Mississippi State, 1985)
- Associate Professor of Wood Science and Technology.
- Assistant Professor of Food Processing.
- Stephen M. Shaler
Ph.D. (Penn State, 1986)
- Professor of Wood Science and Technology and Forest Engineering.
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Ian D. Dickey
- Eastern Maine Medical Center
- Verso Paper Corporation
- Tethys Research
- Nick Triantafillopollous
Ph.D. (IPST, 1988)
- Omnova Corp.