The Campus Planning Committee was revitalized in 2003 in response to a growing call for policies and procedures to protect environmental and cultural resources on campus.
Its mission is to:
- develop and maintain a campus master plan;
- develop and recommend policies regarding campus planning, site selection and design for new facilities, and maintenance and preservation of historic and natural resource on campus;
- incorporate environmental protection and accessibility accommodation issues into overall campus planning; and
- recommend policies for capital construction and renovation; and
- maintain a plan for the use of university facilities
The Committee worked with Sasaki Associates in 2008-2009 to develop a campus master plan (see the Campus Master Plan page), which it now utilizes to guide decision making.