Forms, Instructions, and Samples for Human Subjects Research
- Cover page to be completed and submitted with Institutional Review Board (IRB) application (Word)
- Request for Student Data for Use in Research Project (PDF): If a researcher proposes a project using student records (non-directory information, e.g., email addresses, SAT scores, grades, majors, etc.) approval for use of such data must be obtained from the Office of Student Records. This form must be completed and submitted to the Office of Student Records.
- Continuing Review Instructions: For currently approved (non-exempt) studies.
- Informed Consent Checklist (PDF)
- Instructions for Requesting a Modification to Approved Study
- Instructions for writing an application for review by the IRB (Word)
- Reactivating a Closed Study
- Tips to Speed Up IRB Approval
These are samples (consent forms and recruitment text) and may not fit your study exactly, but they should give you helpful ideas of what the IRB requires in a consent form or recruitment material.
- Example Experiment Flyer with Pull Tabs (PowerPoint)
- Example Interview Flyer with QR Code (PowerPoint)
- Example Survey Flyer with QR Code (PowerPoint)
- Sample assent script (PDF)
- Sample concise summary (Word)
- Sample consent form for use with anonymous survey (adult participants) (Word)
- Sample consent form for use with studies other than anonymous survey (Word)
- Sample recruitment templates for postings, emails, scripts, etc. (Word)
- Sample SONA recruitment script (Word)
- Site Approval Template (Word)