A view of campus from the air
- UMaine celebrated its 150th anniversary with a number of events, including University of Maine Day at the State House. President Susan J. Hunter’s installation ceremony was held during Women in Leadership Week in March and Open University Day was combined with Homecoming in October.
- The University of Maine Darling Marine Center in Walpole celebrated 50 years of cutting-edge research in the Gulf of Maine and worldwide.
- Two former UMaine goaltenders competed for the NHL Stanley Cup. Ben Bishop started for Tampa Bay and Scott Darling was the backup for Chicago. It was the first time in Stanley Cup Final history that goalies who played at the same university contended for the coveted cup.
- When Johanna Haskell graduated in May she represented the fifth generation of her family to do so. Her great-great-grandfather Edwin Haskell was one of six men in the first graduating class in 1872.
- University of Maine graduate and former field hockey star Holly Stewart was named America East Woman of the Year.
- Habib Dagher, founding director of the Advanced Structures and Composites Center, was heralded as a 2015 White House Transportation Champion of Change.
- The Harold Alfond W2 Ocean Engineering Laboratory and Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory opened.