Artist: Buster Simpson, Washington (state)
Cloke Plaza, southwest of Barrows Hall
A contemporary campanile made of reflective stainless steel mesh is the centerpiece of Cloke Plaza, a major pedestrian intersection connecting a number of engineering buildings. Cloke Plaza, dedicated in 2014, is dedicated to Paul Cloke, dean of the College of Engineering from 1925-50. The tower features the historic and functional Wingate Bell, which — until 1943 — was in Wingate Hall. The bell had been saved for posterity in Fogler Library before being installed in the tower. Bell Tower is illuminated with LED colored lights for nighttime viewing.