Conference Services furthers the academic mission of the University of Maine by bringing together groups of participants and qualified resource people to share information and ideas, to develop new skills, and insights, and to find solutions to current problems. It accomplishes this by professionally coordinating a varied and rich selection of conferences, meetings, seminars, and symposia annually, thereby showcasing the University’s facilities and resources through its research and educational endeavors.
Conference Services objectives serve to refine the above mission statement and further define the scope within which it is pursued. They include:
- Consultation: Provide professional expertise in the areas of conference/meeting design and facilitation planning, programming, and coordination to sponsors of educationally focused events by strengthening the connection with business, professional organizations and communities throughout Maine.
- Educational/Research: Support educational opportunities and research activities beyond their traditional setting.
- Public Relations: Promote and maximize the use of University of Maine facilities and resources, thus enhancing the overall image of the institution.
- Cultural: Promote diversity at the University of Maine and in the community by providing facilities and services that support a wide range of organizations and special events.
- Financial/Development: Contribute to the financial stability of the University and local communities by managing a fiscally solvent enterprise with a commitment to bringing additional revenues to campus and the local community.
- Recruitment: Promote awareness of the University of Maine by hosting conferences and events to potential enrollment management participants, thus aiding the institution’s overall recruitment efforts.
- Employment: Provide optimum employment and professional development opportunities for departmental staff, students, faculty, and others eligible for supplemental or part-time employment.