IPad grant application from Autism Speaks!
This posting is an effort to spread the word about opportunities available from other organizations that may be of interest to readers. Please contact Autism Speaks with questions or for more information about this posting, using the email listed below.
Autism Speaks is thrilled to announce that this year, 685 iPad Airs will be awarded to financially disadvantaged people with autism. The application is now open!
Eligible applicants are individuals who:
- Have been diagnosed with autism by a licensed professional
- Reside in the United States
- Have limited income and cannot afford to purchase an iPad
The timeline is below:
- November 7: Online application opens at 6:00 a.m. EST
- November 11: Application closes at 11:59 p.m. EST
- November 15 – December 9: Review committee selects recipients
- December 15: Recipients announced and iPads sent out!
Applications must be submitted by the person with autism, an immediate family member of the person with autism, or a licensed social worker or therapist. The Technology Grant Review Committee will review applications and select the iPad award recipients. All applicants selected to receive an iPad Air will be contacted by December 15. If selected, the iPad will be shipped via UPS directly to the address provided with the application. Others will receive an email informing them of their status.
You must create a login and further instructions will be provided.
Questions? Contact Autism Speaks at email@example.com. Please note that emails will take up to 12 hours to receive a response, but every email will be answered! Also, we cannot accept applications from outside the United States.