Using alternative transportation has tons of benefits for you and the community! From reduced energy use and improved air quality to lower commuting costs and stress reduction, alternative transportation is part of happy, healthy, and sustainable lifestyles.
Use the links below to explore alternative transportation options here at UMaine and in the local community:
- Black Bear Orono Express is a free shuttle service that provides transportation within UMaine and the town of Orono.
- The Community Connector is a fixed route public transit system operated by the City of Bangor for the communities of the Greater Bangor Urbanized Area.
- Campus Carpool Program provides a free parking permit and designated space to groups of two or more employees travelling in the same vehicle.
- Single Trip Rideboard from Go Maine is Maine’s statewide commuter service providing access to low-cost, healthy, economical and eco-friendly options for commuting to and from work.
- Bike Repair Stations across campus are free to use whether you need to change a flat, adjust your breaks, or just add a little air to your tires.