Transfer Student Information
Congratulations on your transfer acceptance to the University of Maine! We hope you will consider campus living. Living on campus maximizes opportunities for social, cultural and extracurricular involvement and is positively linked to students’ persistence toward attaining a degree, and can help transfer students become acclimated to the area much more quickly. The University does not require transfer students to live on campus.
Housing Fast Facts
- Apply for housing as soon as possible.
- You may apply for housing even if you have not confirmed admission to UMaine
- If you will be requesting Honors College housing, please apply and confirm admission early—Honors housing is limited and fills quickly
- Make sure you accept the invitation from the Honors College before applying for housing
- Select a meal plan
- Housing assignments are made based on availability and the application date once admission is confirmed
- Break/Continuous housing has been suspended for the academic year.
Choosing your residence hall is subject to space availability. This privilege is available only to upperclass students. If you wish to request a specific hall, please contact us. The Transfer Living Community in York Hall is available to incoming upperclass transfer students. First-year transfer students may be assigned to first-year housing.
We are no longer taking roommate requests at this time. Roommates will be matched by major or college, if possible.
Requests for Living/Learning Communities and Themed Housing will be assigned based upon space availability.
Check-in for first-year and transfer students will be updated on the Maine Hello website.
Students are strongly encouraged to have property insurance for their personal belongings. Comprehensive, affordable property insurance is available through CSI College Student Insurance.