Alexandra Lessard: Outstanding Student in Exercise Science

Alexandra LessardAlexandra Lessard of Jackman, Maine is the outstanding student in kinesiology and physical education, exercise science concentration for 2021-2022. A double major in exercise science and finance, Alexandra is a 2022 Beta Gamma Sigma inductee. While at UMaine, she has been a member of the Rising Tide Center’s Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine (WiSTEMM) group, and played women’s club basketball, as well as intramural sports (women’s basketball, coed basketball and coed softball).

Hometown: Jackman, ME

High School: Forest Hills Consolidated High School

Parents: Guylaine Bisier and Pascal Lessard

Special thanks: Huge thank you to my friends and family for the constant encouragement and motivation to continue to work hard and strive to be the best version of myself that I can be. I would not be anywhere near where I am now without all of the support. I would also like to thank Jesse Kaye-Schiess (KPE) and Jenny Scott (MBS) for being excellent academic advisors, as well as Robin Delcourt in the Health Professions office for being an excellent resource to me as I aim to advance my future career in healthcare.

Favorite UMaine memory: Joining club basketball this year and making so many new friends through this club, as well as having the opportunity to keep playing the sport that I love.