UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE-LEVEL AWARDS
The following awards are available through the generosity of the following gifts:
The Bangor Garden Club Scholarship Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholar assistance for a junior or senior who is enrolled in Environmental Horticulture and it’s based on above average academic achievement. Financial need is a consideration, but not a requirement.
The Robert and Catherine Barrett Environmental Horticulture Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholar assistance for meritorious undergraduate students enrolled in Environmental Horticulture who show a dedication to horticulture, as well as a graduate student enrolled in Horticulture with an emphasis in plant introduction. Recipients of this fund are known as the Beatrix Ferrand Scholars.
Samuel L. Boucher Horticultural Education Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholarship assistance to graduate students in Landscape Horticulture, other areas of horticulture or Plant Science.
The Arthur C. Clayton Horticulture Scholarship Fund
- A fund is used to provide scholar assistance to students who are residents of Maine majoring in Environmental Horticulture. Preference shall be given to students who demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in horticulture.
Janet Engle Cormier Soil Science Scholarship
- This scholarship is given to a full-time junior, senior or graduate student who has demonstrated academic achievement and leadership qualities and is interested in pursuing a professional career in soil science or a related field.
Miroslaw M. Czapowskyj Scholarship
- This scholarship is given to an academically meritorious undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in forest soils or soil science courses/programs.
The Eastern Maine Orchid Society Book Award
- This award is given to a full-time, outstanding junior who is interested in pursuing a professional career in Greenhouse and/or Nursery Management and a Maine resident.
Garden Club Federation of Maine Scholarship
- This scholarship is given to a junior, senior or graduate student who is a resident of Maine majoring in Horticulture.
The Mark and Charmaine Jensen Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholar assistance to academically deserving students majoring in Environmental Horticulture, as well as awards and honoraria for outstanding faculty members.
The Landscape Horticulture Scholarship Fund
- This fund is use to provide scholar assistance to deserving students majoring in Environmental Horticulture. Selection is based on scholarship, character and potential contribution to the ornamental landscape industry.
The Lyle E. Littlefield Prize
- This prize is given to an outstanding student enrolled in the Environmental Horticulture Program and who has demonstrated a passion for horticulture.
The New England Farm and Garden Association Scholarship Fund/Margaret McKee Gerrity Scholarship
- This fund/scholarship is given to a student majoring in Environmental Horticulture and shows a dedication to horticulture.
The New England Farm and Garden Association/Louise Cies Graduate Fellowship Award
- This award is given to a graduate student concentrating in one of the following fields; environmental science, agriculture, arboriculture, horticulture, conservation, forestry, landscape design, animal science, wildlife biology, oceanography or other related fields.