UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE-LEVEL AWARDS
The following awards are available through the generosity of the following gifts:
Robert and Catherine Barrett Environmental Horticulture Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholar assistance for meritorious undergraduate students enrolled in Environmental Horticulture who show a dedication to horticulture, as well as a graduate student enrolled in Horticulture with an emphasis in plant introduction. Recipients of this fund are known as the Beatrix Ferrand Scholars.
Samuel L. Boucher Horticultural Education Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholarship assistance to graduate students in Landscape Horticulture, other areas of horticulture or Plant Science.
Cecil S. Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund
- This fund is to be awarded to a student(s) of junior standing in the School of Food and Agriculture who has attained a high academic record and has demonstrated outstanding leadership ability.
Arthur C. Clayton Horticulture Scholarship Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholar assistance to students who are residents of Maine majoring in Environmental Horticulture. Preference shall be given to students who demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in horticulture.
Janet Engle Cormier Soil Science Scholarship
- This scholarship is given to a full-time junior, senior or graduate student who has demonstrated academic achievement and leadership qualities and is interested in pursuing a professional career in soil science or a related field.
Miroslaw M. Czapowskyj Scholarship
- This scholarship is given to an academically meritorious undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in forest soils or soil science courses/programs.
Eastern Maine Orchid Society Book Award
- This award is given to a full-time, outstanding junior who is interested in pursuing a professional career in Greenhouse and/or Nursery Management and a Maine resident.
Garden Club Federation of Maine Scholarship
- This scholarship is given to a junior, senior or graduate student who is a resident of Maine majoring in Horticulture.
Marion Hosmer Scholarship
- This scholarship is for a Maine resident who is a second year student or higher pursuing a degree in horticulture or a related field.
Mark and Charmaine Jensen Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholar assistance to academically deserving students majoring in Environmental Horticulture, as well as awards and honoraria for outstanding faculty members.
William B. Keswick Memorial Scholarship Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholarship aid for deserving undergraduate students attending the University of Maine who are studying sustainable agriculture.
Landscape Horticulture Scholarship Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholar assistance to deserving students majoring in Environmental Horticulture. Selection is based on scholarship, character and potential contribution to the ornamental landscape industry.
Lyle E. Littlefield Prize
- This prize is given to an outstanding student enrolled in the Environmental Horticulture Program and who has demonstrated a passion for horticulture.
Jane M. McCabe Memorial Horticulture Scholarship Fund
- The fund shall be used to provide scholarship assistance for undergraduate students who have either financial need or a high academic standing and are enrolled in the Horticulture program.
Mid-Maine Greenhouse Growers Association Book Award
- This award is given to an outstanding junior in the Environmental Horticulture program.
Nell Goff Memorial Scholarship (St. Croix District of the Garden Club Federation of Maine)
- This scholarship is given to college juniors, seniors or graduate students who are legal residents of the State of Maine.
New England Farm and Garden Association Scholarship Fund/Margaret McKee Gerrity Scholarship
- This fund/scholarship is given to a student majoring in Environmental Horticulture and shows a dedication to horticulture.
New England Farm and Garden Association/Louise Cies Graduate Fellowship Award
- This award is given to a graduate student concentrating in one of the following fields; environmental science, agriculture, arboriculture, horticulture, conservation, forestry, landscape design, animal science, wildlife biology, oceanography or other related fields.
Ellen Louise Payson Landscape Horticulture Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to a student majoring in horticulture with preference given to a junior or senior in the design concentration or one of the related concentrations who displays a career interest and exceptional promise in the field of landscape horticulture.
John A. Skillin Memorial Scholarship Fund
- This fund is to provide scholarship aid for deserving undergraduate students attending the University of Maine majoring in landscape horticulture.
Sarah Jane Spruce Memorial Scholarship Fund
- This fund is to provide financial assistance to undergraduate or graduate – preferably to students considered non-traditional – with a strong interest in pursuing a career and/or graduate studies in pomology, mycology, or related fields.
Roland A. Struchtemeyer Scholarship
- This scholarship is to provide scholarship assistance with preference given to first, second and third-year students having the highest grade in Soil Science or Forest Soil Science courses.
Sustainable Agriculture Award
- This is awarded annually to meritorious sophomore or junior students enrolled in Sustainable Agriculture courses.