For Exchange Advisors
Please email email@example.com with your student nominations. Applications are submitted through our Incoming Exchange Application website.
- Fall and Year programs – nominations due by March 15th, applications due by April 1st.
- Spring semester – nominations due by October 15, applications due by November 1
- UMaine Partner Univ Info Sheet 2023-2024 (Updated February 3, 2023)
- Maine Business School – AACSB accredited bachelor programs and MBA programs.
- Engineering – 11 ABET accredited engineering degree programs, and courses in innovation engineering and renewable energy
- Darling Marine Center – a semester of Marine Science research and laboratory courses on the Maine coast with housing on location. Available for fall semester only. Open to exchange students. Same cost as attending UMaine for one semester.
- History (American and Canadian)
- Wildlife Ecology – UMaine’s close proximity to a diverse array of ecosystems and wildlife provides an outstanding setting for our wildlife ecology program
The Maine Business School is accepting exchange students for our MBA programs for one or two semesters. As you will see in the application materials, we request undergraduate and graduate transcripts in order to determine the completed prerequisites of your students.
Available Disciplines for Exchange Students
- List of all academic programs offered at UMaine with link to department website
- List of all Graduate Programs
U – Undergraduate, G – Graduate Programs
|Animal & Veterinary Science (U/G)||Environmental Horticulture (U)|
|Anthropology (U/G)||Food Science & Human Nutrition (U/G)|
|Art History (U)||Forestry (U/G)|
|Biology (U/G)||French (U/G)|
|Biochemistry & Microbiology (U/G)||History (U/G)|
|Business (U/G)||International Affairs (U/G)|
|Chemistry (U/G)||Kinesiology & Physical Education (Sports Science) (U)|
|Child Development & Family Relations (U)||Marine Science (U/G)|
|Communication & Journalism (U/G)||Mathematics (U)|
|Communication Science & Disorders (Speech Pathology) (U/G)||Music (U/G)|
|Computer Science (U/G)||New Media (Graphic Design) (U/G)|
|Earth Science (Geology) (U/G)||Parks, Recreation & Tourism (U)|
|Ecology & Environmental Sciences (U/G)||Philosophy (U)|
|Economics (U/G)||Physics & Astronomy (U/G)|
|Education (U/G)||Political Science (U)|
|Engineering: Bioengineering (U/G)||Psychology (U/G)|
|Engineering: Chemical (U/G)||Sociology (U)|
|Engineering: Civil (U/G)||Spanish (U/G)|
|Engineering: Computer & Electrical (U/G)||Sustainable Agriculture (U)|
|Engineering: Mechanical (U/G)||Theater (U)|
|English Language & Literature (U/G)||Wildlife Ecology (U/G)|
Students must be enrolled full-time for at least 12 credit hours (max. 15 credits) at the undergraduate level and 6 credit hours (max. 9 credits) at the graduate level. If a student chooses to register for more credit hours, it is the student’s responsibility to pay for the additional tuition and fees charges. We recommend that students come with one or two back up courses in case they are unable to register for their first choice.
Use the Undergraduate Catalog or Graduate Catalog to find course descriptions. The schedule of classes is available on MaineStreet as “Class Search”.
Freshman Level: 100-199
Sophomore Level: 200-299
Junior Level: 300-399
Senior Level: 400-499
Graduate Level: 500-699
Exchange students cannot register for Nursing courses.
UMaine requires an average grade of C (2.0) as a passing grade and for graduation.
Mandatory for all students. It can be waived if sufficient coverage is available from home country health insurance program. Information and waiver requests are provided with pre-arrival materials.
Housing on-campus fills quickly. Exchange students are strongly encouraged to apply for housing by May 1 for the fall semester. Spring housing is more readily available. Available housing: standard double room with shared bathroom facilities or self-catered housing in campus apartments is available.
Available on the arrival day for orientation. Pick up available from local hotels and motels, Bangor Airport and Bangor bus stations.
Mandatory for all incoming exchange students.