Professional Development - Professional Development Grants
The Fall 2012 Grants Application period closed on December 17. Use the 2013 AWARDS link above to read funded project abstracts.
As part of UMaine’s NSF supported ADVANCE Project, funds will be available to faculty in STEM and social and behavioral science (SBS) fields and to others who directly promote ADVANCE-related efforts aimed at increasing the representation and advancement of women in the academic STEM and SBS careers.
- Awards will be made in the 3 program areas highlighted below
- View updated Requests for Proposals for each program using the links below
- Awards will be announced in March 2013
Click on the links below to view or print the updated RFPs.
Professional Development Grant Links Fall 2012
- Research Seed Grants: These awards can be used to develop new collaborations or to collect preliminary data that will facilitate submission of a competitive grant proposal or preparation of a peer-reviewed publication.
- Leadership Development and Career Advancement Grants: These awards will facilitate participation of women faculty in training, mentoring and leadership development activities.
Use this link to explore these training opportunities, and more: Leadership & Professional Development Activities.
Climate Award Links Fall 2012
- Departmental/Unit Awards: These awards will aid STEM and SBS units seeking to update departmental guidelines for annual faculty review, promotion and tenure, post tenure review, review letter formats and other faculty assessment metrics. The Rising Tide Center will collaborate and consult with grant recipients.
Grant funds in general, may be used to support: visiting scholars; PI travel to plan and conduct collaborative research; travel to UMaine from other UMS campuses; writing groups; release time for professional development opportunities; equipment and summer salary to collect preliminary data to support research and proposal development; consultant fees for departmental climate activities; administrative internships; and other efforts supporting ADVANCE goals. Please refer to the RFP for the program of interest for additional detail.
All applicants must describe how their proposed plan will influence the careers of STEM women, either directly or indirectly.
ADVANCE Grants Application Form (PDF) Please print your completed Application Form as you may not be able to save the data entered.
ADVANCE Grants Reporting – Progress and Final Report Form (PDF) Please print your completed Report Form as you may not be able to save a copy.