Professional Development - Professional Development Grants
- 2014 – 2015 Awards
- 2013 – 2014 Awards
- 2012 – 2013 Awards
- 2011 – 2012 Awards
- 2010 – 2011 Awards
- Program Guidelines 2015 – 2016
- Professional Development Grants Annual Reporting Form
As part of UMaine’s NSF supported ADVANCE Project, funds will be available to faculty in STEM and social and behavioral science (SBS) fields, and to other faculty who directly promote ADVANCE-related efforts aimed at increasing the representation and advancement of women in the academic STEM and SBS careers.
It’s not too late!
DEADLINE EXTENDED to 4:30 pm, JAN. 22
Research Seed & Leadership Development proposals
- Awards will be made in the three program areas highlighted below
- View updated Requests for Proposals for each program using the links below
- Submissions will be accepted from NOV 13, 2015, through DEC 11 (Event Co-sponsor Awards). The deadline for Research Seed and Leadership Development proposals has been extended to JAN 22, 2016
- Previous grant recipients must submit required project reports before 2015-2016 applications will be considered. (Click link to access online form)
- Awards will be announced in February 2016
Click on the links below to view or print the updated RFPs and required application materials.
Professional Development Grant Links 2015-2016
- Research Seed Grants (3 awards): These awards can be used to develop new collaborations or to collect preliminary data that will facilitate submission of a competitive grant proposal or preparation of a peer-reviewed publication.
- Leadership Development and Career Advancement Grant (1 award): Funding to facilitate participation of women faculty in training, mentoring, and leadership and professional development activities.
- Event Co-sponsorship Awards – New in 2015 (3 awards): Partial funding to support campus presentations by renowned women scientists in STEM and SBS disciplines
Grant funds, in general, may be used to support: visiting scholars; PI travel to plan and conduct collaborative research; travel to UMaine from other UMS campuses; release time for professional development opportunities; equipment and summer salary to collect preliminary data to support research and proposal development; administrative internships; and other efforts supporting ADVANCE goals. Please refer to specific RFPs for additional detail and budget guidelines.
Event Co-sponsorship Application Form (PDF) Deadline: DEC 11
Leadership & Professional Development Activities (PDF) Use this link to explore some funding-eligible opportunities.