The UMaine Graduate School invites you to FREE tours of UMaine research and creative activity spaces with graduate students as your guides!
Get ready for an exciting adventure at Imagine That! Tours! Join us on Fri Oct 13, 2023 for an unforgettable experience during UMaine’s Homecoming and Friends & Family Weekend.
As part of our Graduate School Centennial we are celebrating the amazing work of our graduate students in our labs and studios. Graduate students will be conducting the tours, offering a unique opportunity to explore fascinating locations while students discuss their research and creative activities.
Pick up your tour passport and map at Buchanan Alumni House, the Graduate School (Stodder Hall), or any of the tour sites. Stamped passports may be turned in at the Graduate School for a variety of prizes! Registration is recommended, but not required.
Tour locations include:
- Athletic Training – Learn how UMaine’s Master of Science in Athletic Training program offers real-world experience working with athletes in the state’s only NCAA Division I school.
- BioHome3D – Tour the first 3D-printed house made entirely with bio-based, recyclable materials.
- Climate Change Institute – Tour one of the first and most prestigious climate research institutes in the US.
- Digital and Spatial History Lab – Learn how UMaine researchers are using cutting-edge technologies to analyze history geographically.
- Ferland Engineering Education and Design Center – Tour this new center that houses a student project design center and laboratories for biomedical engineering, electronics, 3D printing, vehicles, metals, wood and composites.
- Frontier Institute for Sensor Technologies – Tour a world-class facility teaching, researching, and innovating cutting-edge sensor systems.
- Highland Food Pilot Plant – Tour this state of the art facility committed to enhancing and innovating in the food industry. Samples will be provided!
- Hudson Museum – Tour the museum with graduate student researchers as your guide to the Native American and other exhibits.
- Immersive Mathematics in Rendered Environments – Tour a lab that investigates how virtual and augmented reality technology can transform STEM education in the classroom.
- Innovative Media Research and Commercialization Center – Tour a place where art, science, technology, and innovation meet.
- VEMI Lab – Learn how VEMI advances technology to be accessible to all, while riding in a custom-built multi-person autonomous vehicle simulator.
- Versant Power Astronomy Center & Jordan Planetarium – Tour the center and planetarium with graduate students who explore space.
Mark your calendars and join us for an adventure that invites you to Imagine That! Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to explore, learn, and connect with the students who are shaping our future. We can’t wait to see you at Imagine That! Tours!