- Financial Transaction Form
- Interdepartmental Order (IDO)
- FY18 Budget Order Form
- (Budget Order Instructions)
- Budget Order Examples
- PM to PM Form
- Cost Share PM Form
The office of Budget and Business Services provides Budget and Financial Analysis services to the University of Maine Community.
- Provides day-to-day support for the maintenance of the Educational and General (E&G) and Auxiliary Services budgets.
- Develops both short-term and long-term budget planning in conjunction with the Chief Business Officer, the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost and campus constituents.
- Builds the unrestricted budgets as per directives given by the University of Maine System and the institution’s own budget building process.
- Provides to the campus and its boards extensive visual interpretations of the budget process and its details through PowerPoint presentations.
- Balances all budgets annually.
- Establishes and maintains the campus-wide Position Management budgeting module.
- Authorizes, maintains access and trains campus personnel to the PeopleSoft Financial module.
- Responds and provides direct support to faculty and staff who have departmental budget issues.
- Disseminates, prepares and collects information in response to the System Office requests for interim and year-end reconciliations of all budgeted funds.
- Provides direct support to the Chief Business Officer for all financial analysis related to University funds.
- Responds to inquiries by the System Office and campus departments.
- Prepares during the fiscal year, four interim forecasts reports for unrestricted operations.
- Completes System-wide mandated and ad-hoc campus reports.
- Develops financial reports and information.