The Office of International Programs (OIP) provides the framework for the University of Maine to advance learning and discovery through academic programs designed to equip students with the global competencies vital for success in the 21st century. OIP leads the University’s internationalization efforts, and provides the expertise, support, and services allowing all members of the University of Maine community to develop an international and cross-cultural perspective. These efforts cultivate an inclusive campus environment that promotes culturally and linguistically diverse experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom. Through meaningful interactions and engagement with people and ideas from around the world, OIP empowers students, faculty and staff to be agents of positive change in our local and global communities.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Campus-wide cross-cultural programming and training
- Facilitation of student and faculty global mobility
- Recruitment and admission of undergraduate students
- Immigration advising and processing for students and scholars
- International credential and transfer credit evaluation
- Developing international university partnerships
- Risk management policies for academic work abroad
Join OIP-International-Programs-UMaine on Facebook.
For comprehensive, objective, and timely information about educational opportunities in the United States visit Education USA.