Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Maine
5711 Boardman Hall, Room 227
Orono, ME 04469-5711
(207) 581-2523; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from University of South Carolina, 2013
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Rice University, 2014-2017
Teaching Areas: (More Information)
Mechanics of Materials; Materials Science and Engineering
Research Areas: (The Nanomaterials & Nanomechanics Laboratory)
- Structural and Multifunctional Nanocomposites
- Hierarchical Structures
- Biomass for Energy Materials
- Mechanics of Low-Dimensional Nanomaterials
- Design and Fabrication of Micro-/Nano-Devices
- Rice University, University of Maine
Select Research / Collaboration Activities:
- Design and manufacturing of all-direction motion sensors based on aligned CNT films
- Functionalization and interface mechanics of two-dimensional nanomaterials and their applications in flexible electronics
- Hierarchically structured photocatalysts coupled by biomass converted graphene/CNTs and semiconductive nanostructures for water treatment
- Design and development of nanomanipulation platforms for in situ micro-/nano-mechanics
- Environmental effect on optical, thermal, and mechanical behaviors of low-dimensional nanomaterials
Select Publications / Conference Presentations:
- Yang, Y. C., Li, X., Wen, M. R., Hacopian, E., Chen, W. B., Gong, Y. J., Zhang, J., Li, B., Zhou, W., Ajayan, P. M., Chen, Q., Zhu, T., and Lou, J., “Brittle Fracture of 2D MoSe2”, Advanced Materials, 29, No. 2, 1604201, 2017.
- Yang, Y. C., Liang, X., Chen, W. B., Cao, L. L., Li, M. L., Sheldon, B. W., and Lou, J., “Quantification and Promotion of Interfacial Interactions between Carbon Nanotubes and Polymer Derived Ceramics”, Carbon, 95, pp. 964-971, 2015.
- Yang, Y. C., Rigdon, W., Huang, X. Y., and Li, X. D., “Enhancing Graphene Reinforcing Potential in Composites by Hydrogen Passivation Induced Dispersion”, Scientific Reports, 3, 2086, 2013.
- Yang, Y. C., Xu, Z. H., Pan, Z. W., and Li, X. D., “Hydrogen Passivation Induced Dispersion of Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes”, Advanced Materials, 24, No. 7, pp. 881-885, 2012.
- Yang, Y. C., Wang, G. F., and Li, X. D, “Water Molecule-Induced Stiffening in ZnO Nanobelts”, Nano Letters, 11, No. 7, pp. 2845-2848, 2011.
Professional Activities / Memberships:
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- Society of Engineering Science (SES)