Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Maine
5711 Boardman Hall, Room 203
Orono, ME 04469-5711
(207) 581-2375; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Utah, 2016
- Energy Auditor, National Iranian Gas Company, 2009 – 2011
- Maintenance Planning Engineer, National Iranian Gas Company, 2007 – 2009
Teaching Areas: (More Information)
Thermodynamics I & II
Research Areas: (Expanded View)
- Near- and far-field radiative energy transfer
- Computational heat transfer
- Electromagnetic light scattering
- High performance computing
- Thermal energy transport at micro/nanoscale
- University of Maine
Select Research / Collaboration Activities:
- Near-field Thermal Radiation Spectroscopy
- Large Scale Computations of Near-field Thermal Radiation in Complex Geometries
- Designing Man-made Structures with Tailored Radiative Properties
- Remote Sensing of Water Quality
Select Publications / Conference Presentations:
- S. Edalatpour and M. Francoeur, “Near-field radiative heat transfer between arbitrarily-shaped objects and a surface,” Physical Review B 94, 045406, 2016.
- S. Edalatpour, J. DeSutter and M. Francoeur, “Near-field thermal electromagnetic transport: An overview,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer 178, 14-21, 2016.
- S. Edalatpour, M. Čuma, T. Trueax, R. Backman, and M. Francoeur, “Convergence analysis of the thermal discrete dipole approximation,” Physical Review E 91, 063307, 2015.
- S. Edalatpour and M. Francoeur, “The Thermal Discrete Dipole Approximation (T-DDA) for near-field radiative heat transfer simulations in three-dimensional arbitrary geometries,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer 133, 364-373, 2014.
- S. Edalatpour and M. Francoeur, “Size effect on the emissivity of thin films,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer 118, 75-85, 2013.
Professional Activities / Memberships:
- Co-Organizer, Radiative Heat Transfer in Energy Systems Topic, ASME 2017 Summer Heat Transfer Conference, Bellevue, WA, USA, July 9-14, 2017.
- Chair, Fundamentals of Radiative Transport Session, ASME 2016 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Phoenix, AZ, USA, November 11-17, 2016
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Society of Thermal and Fluids Engineers (ASTFE)