The EPIC Certificate is a way for undergraduate students to demonstrate enhanced skills to graduate schools and employers.
The certificate is designed to complement a student’s core curriculum, and provide them with tangible skills to meet the needs of employers throughout Maine and across the world, including:
Project management, teamwork, and team management
Computational thinking, critical thinking, and problem solving
Communication (writing, presentation, marketing)
Research (methods, proposal writing, ethical training)
EPIC Certificate Requirements
- Student must complete 4 courses with a minimum GPA of 2.5 and a minimum grade of C– in each course.
- Student is required to take INT 125: Experiential Programs Innovation Central, which serves as a core component of the certificate.
- Student will select one elective, non-major course to complete the certificate requirements.
- Certificate credit hours average between 10-13, depending upon course selection within the discipline.
- Up to two courses completed for the certificate may be double-counted towards an undergraduate degree per the guidelines of the respective undergraduate degree program.
- The certificate shall be completed within six years from the date of acceptance into the program.
Students will select one course from each of four content areas: Communication, Research, Innovation, and Strategy. Some selected courses meet more than one content area. Each student is required to take INT 125 and is able to count up to two selected courses in their field of study towards the certificate.
Four pathways have been approved to date, with several others in development, allowing students to obtain the certificate while tailoring the content of the program to their field of study.
Additional certificates are in development for other Colleges. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about establishing a certificate in your discipline.
Undergraduate students at UMaine are eligible to enroll in the Certificate program as long as the prerequisites for each course in the sequence are met.
A minimum GPA of 2.5 applies to all candidates and a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (IbT), 6.5 (IELTS), or 60 (PTE Academic) are required for international students.