Welcome to the UMaine Student Chapter of The Wildlife Society
Founded in 1937, The Wildlife Society (TWS) is an international, nonprofit, scientific and educational organization comprised of professionals serving the resource management fields, especially wildlife ecology and management. The Wildlife Society has about 9,600 members from 60 countries. Objectives of TWS are to:
- Develop and maintain professional standards for wildlife research and management.
- Enhance knowledge and technical capabilities of wildlife managers.
- Advance professional stewardship of wildlife resources and their habitat.
- Advocate the use of sound biological information for wildlife policy decisions.
- Increase public awareness and appreciation of the wildlife profession.