The mission of the Northeast Forest Information Service (NEFIS) is to rapidly communicate relevant information to forest managers and researchers that contributes to the sustainable management of forests in the northeastern United States and eastern Canada.
NEFIS is an online forum and information source where:
- Latest forest research results are rapidly communicated;
- Nonpeer reviewed publications, presentations, posters, and data sets about key forestry topics are instantly available and openly evaluated;
- Forest managers and researchers can better network and communicate about specific forest management issues, problems, and solutions;
- Forest managers and researchers can provide instant feedback and ratings on the value of forest research; and
- Forest researchers can exchange information about ongoing and recently completed research.
NEFIS was developed and is maintained by the
at the University of Maine.