Mitchell Center Seeks Communications & Outreach Coordinator
The Senator George J. Mitchell Center for Sustainability Solutions is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a professional position as a Communications & Outreach Coordinator. This is an on-going, full-time position that serves to facilitate and enhance the communications and outreach activities of the Mitchell Center.
Compete job details and application information are available from the University of Maine employment web page.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create written content for all Mitchell Center print and digital materials.
- Design, edit, and distribute the Mitchell Center’s e-newsletter.
- Develop creative content and provide on-going maintenance for the Mitchell Center website.
- Develop and implement a social media plan for the Mitchell Center. Post events, news, and other relevant items to the Mitchell Center’s Facebook page.
- Work with press and media outlets to distribute Mitchell Center content.
- Plan and implement marketing strategies across all media in collaboration with Mitchell Center staff.
- Organize and maintain digital media libraries. Assist in the acquisition of digital media for new projects.
- Design and edit Mitchell Center print materials including newsletters, brochures, programs and flyers.
- Represent the Mitchell Center at various events and conferences.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Experience in science writing (especially for lay audiences), editing, web publishing, and graphic design.
- Experience with Photoshop, QuarkXpress (or equivalent), Word, Excel, and WordPress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and interest in solving sustainability problems.
- Ability to work creatively and independently within a team environment, and to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to travel normally requiring a valid driver’s license.