Conference Room Reservations
The Memorial Union opened in 1953 to administer to the social, cultural and recreational needs of the University Community. Each conference room was made possible as a gift by several donors. Their generosity has provided us with a place where the past and the present can meet in timeless triumph.
- Bangor Room:*† This room was a gift of citizens and business concerns of Bangor. It is the largest of the meeting rooms.
- Bumps Room:*† This room was given in memory of Dr. Wilbur A. Bumps, ’75, by his daughter Imogene M. Maybury ’11 as a general meeting room.
- Coe Room:* This room was given in memory of Dr. Thomas U. Coe. It is used variously as a lounge, a place for informal meetings and for teas and receptions.
- FFA Room:* This room was presented by the State of Maine Association of the Future Farmers of America in honor of their members who died in World War II.
- Totman Lounge:* This room was given by James E. Totman, ’16 who had been an active alumnus for many years including area chairman of the Special Gifts Committee for the Memorial Union.
- Lown Room:* This room was given by Philip W. Lown, ’18. It is another of the general meeting rooms. Its size permits larger conferences, occasional games tournaments and has been frequently used for placement interviewing.
- Drummond Chapel: This room was given by Mrs. and Mr. Drummond’s family in memory of the late Dr. Robert R. Drummond. This chapel is used by all faiths for meditation and small worship services as well as weddings.
- Senior Skulls Room:* This room was made possible by alumni Senior Skull members who voted to give their Skull Tomb Fund: as a tribute to the interest and leadership of those who served the students and University as Skulls. The room was furnished by the Class of 1956 in tribute to its Class Advisor Charles E. Crossland, ’17.
- Walker Room:* Ernest T. Walker, ’11, donated the funds to establish a conference room with the Union. This space was also once home to the University Credit Union.
* – Air Conditioning
† – Multimedia Projector and Screen
Our Reservation services will allow you to reserve or rent a meeting room, table space & banner areas. Call 207-581-1405 or submit a reservation request through our online form for reservation services. A variety of setups are available, to view the setup available click on the room name above. If the room does not include a projector you may reserve a projector and screen through Media Services by calling 207.581.2500.