REGISTER NOW! Space is still available for this FREE workshop, including breakfast and lunch!
Fundamentals of sustainability: A free, one-day, interactive workshop, with thought leader Jaimie Cloud
Join us for breakfast and lunch on Wednesday, June 1, 2016, for a Professional Development Day exploring:
- What is sustainability?
- Do we have a shared understanding of sustainability, and why is that important?
- To create a sustainable society, what needs to change and what can be preserved?
- What unique role do we each play in making the shift towards sustainability at home and at work?
- How can we contribute individually and collectively to sustainable community development?
This workshop will address these questions and more, with a focus on communicating, learning about, and collaborating towards a sustainable future.
The continental breakfast and lunch will feature a menu of locally sourced foods!
Who: UMaine campus employees interested in deepening their knowledge and understanding of sustainability
Where: Wells Conference Center, Room 1
When: Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 8:30am-4:00pm
Registration: Please Click Here To Register (Space is limited and pre-registration is required).
Sponsored by Professional Employees Advisory Council, UMaine Office of Sustainability, and Auxiliary Services.
Jaimie Cloud facilitates professional development programs and directs the collaborative development of numerous instructional units and courses for K-12 and Higher Education designed to teach and learn across disciplines and departments through the lens of sustainability. Learn more at http://cloudinstitute.org.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Professional Employees Advisory Council exists to encourage, facilitate and contribute to collegiality among professional staff, administration, and the larger campus community at the University of Maine.
The goals of PEAC are:
- to promote, encourage and enhance professional development;
- to recognize professional employees and the contributions they make to the University;
- to increase awareness of campus-wide resources and opportunities for collaboration;
- and to provide networking opportunities across campus.
PEAC meets at 8:15am on the third Friday of each month in the Walker Room (#307) of the Memorial Union.
We welcome new members. Please contact any board member if you are interested in learning more.
UMaine Professional Employees Advisory Council