Preconditioned Fall Feeder Calf Sale
Advanced notice: May 18, 2013 at the Northeast Livestock Expo (NELE). Please contact Sales Manager Pete Dusoe at 207-948-3233 or email@example.com for sale protocol and more information.
Beef Production Information
- Maine Beef Newsletter Sign-up – News and events of interest to beef producers in Maine from the University of Maine Cooperative Extension, Maine Department of Agriculture, Maine Beef Producers and other agriculture organizations in Maine.
- Agricultural Alternatives, Penn State University. Includes fact sheets on Beef Backgrounding Production, Beef Cow-Calf Production, Dairy Beef, and Feeding Beef Cattle.
- Iowa Beef Center, Iowa State University
- Nebraska Beef Cattle Production, University of Nebraska Lincoln. Includes learning modules, beef home study course, current Ag prices, profit tips, beef forum and more.
- Kentucky Beef Book, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
- U of M Beef Center , University of Minnesota
- Montana Beef Cattle Extension Program, Montana State University
- Oklahoma State University Beef Fact Sheets: over 120 publications on all aspects of beef production
- Beef Cattle Handbook – CDROM, MidWest Plan Service – Iowa State University: 145 articles and extension publications on a wide range of topics of interest to the beef producer. order for $25
- Raising Beef Cattle on a Few Acres, Utah State University. Good for backyard beef.
Beef Health Information
Pasture and Crops for Beef Production
4-H Youth Program Information
Buildings and Equipment for Beef
- Beef Housing and Equipment Handbook, Bulletin #1001, Mid West Plan Service, University of Maine Cooperative Extension: Information on cow-calf, cattle handling, and cattle feeding facilities; feed storage, processing and handling; water and waterers; manure management; farmstead planning, building construction, materials, ventilation and insulation; fences; gates and utilities. 133 pages with index, 1986. $15
- Dr. Temple Grandin’s Website, Livestock Behavior, Design of Facilities, and Humane Slaughter
Farm Taxes & Recordkeeping
USDA Marketing News and Standards
Beef Quality Assurance
- Beef Quality Assurance, Beef Quality Assurance is a national program that provides guidelines for beef cattle production. The program raises consumer confidence through offering proper management techniques and a commitment to quality within every segment of the beef industry. There are links to video training on BQA at this site.
- Pennsylvania Beef Quality Assurance
Maine Beef Related Organizations
Extension Beef Contact Person: Donna.Coffin@maine.edu, (207) 564-3301 or in Maine 1-800-287-1491
Image Description: Print Friendly
Image Description: Beef Cow and Calf
Image Description: woman with red angus cows in a pasture; photo by Edwin remsberg, USDA