Animal Science Resources - Beef
Eastern States Exposition Information & Forms
Market Steers for Fryeburg Fair
- Introductory Letter to the Market Steer Program (Word | PDF)
- 4-H Market Animal Program Policy
- 2014 4-H Intent to Sell a Market Steer Project at Fryeburg Fair (Word | PDF)
Beef Project Resources
- New England Galloway Group Heifer Project
- Information on Beef Breeds (Oklahoma State University)
- Project Resources (Cornell University)
- 4-H Beef Cattle Publications (North Carolina State University)
Standard Equipment Box for Dairy and Livestock Members Descriptions
Manuals and CD’s available for 6 major animal groups; equine, small ruminant (sheep and goats), canine, beef, dairy, and feline. You can order directly from the York County Shepherds 4-H Club from Sanford, Maine at a slight discounted price. This will support Maine 4-H as a portion of the price will go to the Maine 4-H Foundation. Contact Donna Flint at email@example.com or mail your order in to York County Shepherds, c/o University of Maine Cooperative Extension, 21 Bradeen St., Suite 302, Springvale, ME 04083. Manuals are $74.95 + $6.00 for shipping and handling; CD’s are $24.95 + $3.00 shipping and handling. You can view the manuals at the InfoVet web site: www.infovets.com. Click on the animal you wish to browse.
For more information on educational programs in your area, contact your UMaine Extension county office.