Resources & Support - Videos
- AgrAbility: Is Farming for Me?
Learn whether farming is right for you — see if it is a good career or job opportunity for you and/or your family.
- How to Create A Farm Business Plan
Learn why it is important for you to have a business plan and the importance of marketing, operations, and finance.
- Farm Enterprises
Learn about different farm enterprises, how to determine whether they are profitable or not, and about production cycles.
- Market Research for Farm Products
Learn how to develop a plan of action, thoroughly investigate all factors and find a market for your product.
- Starting a Farm Business
Learn what you need to do before starting a farm business — this includes deciding on a plan and what you want to accomplish.
- Starting a Farm Business in Maine
Learn what is required in starting a farm business in Maine and what resources are available.
Resources and Support
- Defending Against Spotted Wing Drosophila
Learn about Spotted Wing Drosophila, how to recognize and trap the fly and what fruits are affected by it.
- How Can the Maine Board of Pesticides Help New Maine Farmers
Learn how the Maine Board of Pesticides educates farmers about pesticides and their role in organic agriculture, provides training and licensing, and works with farmers across Maine.
- How Does UMaine Cooperative Extension Support Agriculture
Learn about Maine’s natural resources and about the numerous research and educational opportunities provided by UMaine Cooperative Extension.
- How to Add Value to Maine’s Natural Resource Based Products
Learn how to add value to your products, how to market your products and how to correctly license your products.
- How to Get Rid of Japanese Beetles
Learn about the biology, feeding and mating habits, and damage Japanese Beetles can cause.
- How to Prevent Sheep Foot Rot
Learn how to prevent foot rot, how to correctly trim your sheep’s feet, and what affects the disease has on your sheep.
- How to Protect Animals from Insect-Borne Diseases
Learn how to minimize the impact of insects on your animals and your farm and about vaccinations that help protect your animals from insect-borne diseases.
- Identifying Late Blight
Learn how Late Blight affects your tomato and potato plants, how to identify the disease, and how to decrease its affect on your plants.
- New Farmers: How to Help with Conflict Resolution
Learn about the Agriculture Mediation Program, how it is funded, and how the program can assist you in mediating conflicts.
- New Maine Farmers: What is Integrated Pest Management?
Learn what integrated pest management is all about and how applying IPM practices can help reduce and suppress pest damage and interfere with their life cycle.
- Partnering with the Maine Department of Agriculture
Learn how the Maine Department of Agriculture and UMaine Cooperative Extension work together to help Maine farmers create business plans, market their products, and seek business loans.
- Soil Testing at the University of Maine
Learn when is the best time to test your soil, how to sample your soil and where to send your soil for analysis.
Items of Interest
Find more of our videos on the UMaine Extension YouTube Channel.
Print This Page
Image Description: Print This Page
Back to Resources & Support