Educational Resources - Kennebec County Master Gardener Volunteer Program
- Apply to become a Master Gardener Volunteer
- 2012 Master Gardener Volunteers training homework and notes
The Maine Master Gardener Volunteer program provides participants with more than 40 hours of in-depth training in the art and science of horticulture. In addition, the program trains volunteers to conduct and join sustainable horticulture projects in their communities.
Trainees receive the latest research-based information from UMaine Extension educators and industry experts.
As part of a nationwide Cooperative Extension effort, Master Gardeners are recognized as well-trained practitioners who serve and beautify their communities. They are linked to a professional network of support through county, state and national Cooperative Extension offices. Kennebec County is committed to building a sense of community for the volunteers by providing access to:
- Volunteer opportunities that make a positive impact in the community
- Fun social gatherings such as potlucks and local trips
- Continuing education events and workshops
Interested participants may learn more by contacting the University of Maine Cooperative Extension Kennebec County office by phone at 207.622.7546 (local), or 1.800.287.1481 (toll-free).
Current Master Gardener Volunteers: submit your volunteer hours.