Educational Programs - Horticulture
Horticulture touches our lives everyday – from the foods we eat from our gardens (or our local farmer’s garden) to the flowers and plants that enhance our well being.
The UMaine Extension Cumberland County Horticulture staff is here to assist you with researched-based answers to your horticultural related concerns and questions. From interpreting soil test results to identifying plants, insects and diseases, we can help.
Gardening Programs Available:
Miscellaneous Gardening Resources
- Vegetable Gardening: Keep Your Garden Growing — Plant from Spring to Fall
- Late Blight Alert & Resources
- Are you a frustrated gardener with insect pest problems in your yard, flower, or vegetable garden?: Guinea Fowl May Be the Solution
- Pest Identification and Information Services & Plant Disease Diagnosis
- Maine Home Garden News
- Student Essay Contest – http://umaine.edu/cumberland/programs/student-essay/
Cumberland County Horticulture Staff:
- Amy Witt, Horticulturist, email@example.com
- Diana Hibbard, Home Horticulture Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org