How to Withdraw If you withdraw from the university, you will need to contact your Dean’s office to let them know your intentions. After you speak with your Dean’s office and notify them of your intent to withdraw, the Office of Student Financial Aid will perform necessary financial aid adjustments within 7 – 10 business