Bystander Intervention Training
By attending an hour-long interactive training session, participants will learn how to effectively step in to help in emergency and non-emergency situations, because sooner or later we all need help.
Fall 2017 meetings TBD.
As space is limited, please reserve a spot in a scheduled session. Or to schedule a training session for your class or student group, contact Rebecca Kaiser at firstname.lastname@example.org or call SWell at 581.1423
Sexual Health Education
Free condoms can be obtained in the Student Wellness Resource Center or outside our office on the table – RM 235 Memorial Union!
Alcohol and Other Drugs Programs
The famous Brownies with Bud program can be requested HERE
SWell and the Alcohol Free Activities club (AFA) will be providing delicious mocktails and alcohol education. Keep your eyes open for the location in the Union! Interested in joining AFA? Contact email@example.com
On-campus residents can register to vote in the SWell Office, RM 235 Memorial Union.
Off-campus residents please go to rockthevote.com for more information.
Elections will be held the 2nd Tuesday of every November at the University of Maine.
Keep posted with UMaine UVote’s Facebook!
Wellness Wednesday is a weekly tabling event held in the Memorial Union designed to give students information, tips, or interactive activities about specific topics. These topics range from nutrition and exercise to financial and study tips, as well as contact information for help on campus or just some interesting events that will soon take place!
- Classroom Alternatives: Classroom presentations about Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs.
- Residence Hall Programs and Trainings
- Partnership with Athletics for prevention of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
- Support for Substance Free Living Communities on Campus
- Smoking Cessation Support and Services
- Social marketing and social norms campaigns
- Referral Services and Treatment
- Hazing Prevention Education and Training
- Campus and Community Task Forces:
Includes the University of Maine Community Coalition for Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Prevention, UMaine furnishing task force, Campus Prevention Partnership, and The Tobacco Free Campus Committee.