The Vision for Tomorrow comprehensive campaign — a collaboration between UMaine and the University of Maine Foundation — is a $200 million fundraising drive for the University of Maine.
Recent donations to the Vision for Tomorrow campaign have greatly exceeded projections. In fact, the Foundation’s fourth quarter gift totals were historically large, with over $13M in donations, a 67% increase over the prior year, bringing the campaign total over $134M as of December 31, 2017.
The success of the October 13 public campaign launch, coupled with changes in tax laws and very strong support for the Vision for Tomorrow matching gift program led to the outstanding totals. The campaign is now at nearly 70% of the $200M goal.
The matching gift program has leveraged over $3M with 25 new funds and increases to existing funds. This investment was possible due to an anonymous donor who made a generous estate gift which created the matching program. There are still limited matching funds available for those who would like to take advantage of the program.
“Vision for Tomorrow is a bold fundraising campaign that will enable us to make a greater difference in the lives of students, and to conduct our critical work statewide and beyond.” University of Maine President Susan J. Hunter
- University of Maine Foundation announces largest capital gift in UMaine history
- Design team named for Engineering Education and Design Center
- UMaine announces ‘Vision for Tomorrow’ $200 million comprehensive campaign
- UMaine Humanities Center named for donors
- Shakespeare scholar named to hold inaugural Stephen E. King Chair in Literature
- UMaine Foundation, Emera Maine honor Dick Hill through scholarship fund
- Alfond Foundation establishes endowed chaired professorship at the University of Maine in honor of Stephen King