VEMI Student Positions
Undergraduate Research Assistant:
The Virtual Environment and Multimodal Interaction (VEMI) Laboratory at the University of Maine is currently seeking an Undergraduate Research Assistant. The VEMI Lab researches how current and emerging technology can be utilized to assist people in their daily lives. Current research focuses on topic areas such as spatial navigation, improving non-visual information access, and understanding how drivers interact with semiautonomous vehicles. The student filling this position will join, and work in collaboration with various fields and disciplines. Undergraduate research assistants are expected to contribute to research projects in many ways.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the recruitment and running of participants in experiments
- Data collection and analysis
- Summarizing results and assist in developing materials for the presentation of research
- Attending research and Lab meetings
- Working in collaboration with other researchers in the conceptualization, design, development, and implementation of research projects
- A general understanding of Stats and spss
- Opportunities for inclusion on publications and attending of conferences
- Must have minimum of 10-20 hours available per week.
Undergraduate Programing Developers:
We are looking for experienced coders who have an interest in mobile and / or virtual reality development. Proficiency in a standard coding language is required and / or knowledge in either Unity3D or Python. Students applying for this position should have an interest in learning new languages and software, and be willing to spend time researching problems to better understand and solve them. They must be willing to work in small groups, but also have enough self-motivation to work on solo projects. A working understanding of Android and IOS development is strongly preferred.
If you are interested in working for us please send an email with your attached Resumé or CV to Richard Corey at Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org